DACRUZ Manufacturing produces reliable high and low-complexity parts for critical components and sub-assemblies. When applications demand exceptional precision, our CNC Swiss machining and CNC multi-axis machines provide unparalleled accuracy and consistency for high and low volume production runs.
CNC Swiss Machining
Swiss CNC machines, otherwise known as Swiss-type lathes or Swiss automatic lathes, are precision manufacturing equipment used to produce very small parts with optimal speed and accuracy. The Swiss machining process works by feeding bar stock through a guide bushing, which supports the material as it feeds into the machine’s tooling area.
The material is held tightly in place as only the portion of the bar stock being machined enters the tooling area. This facilitates maximum stability and precision. Swiss lathes can perform multiple operations simultaneously in different zones. This provides significant time savings over traditional lathes, which can only perform one operation at a time.
CNC Swiss Machining Applications and Benefits
CNC Swiss machining can create small and intricate parts in high volumes for a wide range of industries, such as electronics, defense, medical, and automotive. This type of machining is capable of producing parts for a wide array of applications, including:
- Optical equipment
- Firing pins
- Medical devices
- Aerospace parts
- Connecting components for electronic devices
There are many benefits of choosing CNC Swiss machining over other machining techniques. For example, Swiss machining is capable of achieving extremely tight tolerances and producing highly complex items with a quick turnaround. Swiss machined parts are ready-to-ship, typically without requiring any secondary processing.
CNC Multi-Axis Turning
CNC multi-axis turning is a manufacturing process that involves tools moving in four or more directions. These tools are used to sculpt objects and manufacture parts out of materials such as metal. Using techniques such as laser or waterjet cutting, excess material is chipped away until the desired structure is created.
CNC multi-axis turning machines operate at various axes, ranging anywhere from 4 to 12. This equipment produces complex parts quickly and efficiently and is particularly well suited to creating patterns in a variety of materials. Substrates such as steel, aluminum, plastics, and even ceramics can be used with CNC multi-axis turning equipment.
CNC Multi-Axis Turning Applications and Benefits
Click to Expand
The primary goal for components manufactured using this process is to complete the entire machining process in a single setup. Many industries rely on CNC multi-axis turning, including automotive, aviation, aerospace, defense, energy, medical, and more. Some unique advantages of this process include:
- The ability to manufacture highly complex shapes
- Fewer setups are needed
- Improved relational accuracy
- Longer tool lifespan
- Better surface finish
Multi-axis machining is well suited to a variety of materials. DACRUZ Manufacturing produces custom components using materials such as:
- Aluminum. Featuring an excellent strength-to-weight ratio and good corrosion resistance, aluminum is well suited to many applications. Aluminum also exhibits good thermal and electrical conductive properties.
- Steel. Steels are easy to machine and feature good mechanical properties. Steels represent a wide array of CNC machining materials.
- Stainless steel. A major benefit to stainless steel is that it will not rust, even after becoming scratched. Stainless steel includes chromium, which forms an invisible layer over the iron that protects it from outside forces. This chromium layer rebuilds itself quickly after scratches occur, ensuring no significant damage to the stainless steel occurs.
- Plastic polymers. Certain industrial plastics make excellent low-cost replacements for metal parts. Plastic polymers are lightweight but durable and incredibly versatile, with applications spanning many industries.
Precision Turning Services at DACRUZ Manufacturing
For over 40 years, DACRUZ Manufacturing has been providing highly precise machined components for the most demanding industries. We pride ourselves on delivering expertly crafted components at competitive prices. Our CNC machines deliver unparalleled accuracy on both high and low production runs.
In addition to our CNC machining capabilities, DACRUZ Manufacturing offers various value-added services including parts cleaning, deburring, and several other surface enhancements to ensure each component achieves the optimum finish. Our fully equipped secondary operations department is also available to handle anything that cannot be achieved in one operation.
To learn more about our precision CNC machining capabilities, contact us or request a quote today.